Friday, June 12, 2009

You'll Find a Way

Ministers De La Funk Ft. Jocelyn Brown - Believe (Antoine Clamaran & Sandy Vee)

I so wanted to listen to this and be stunned, to think perhaps it was better than Junior's Marathon Mix but sadly, I did not. I was expecting more from Clamaran & Sandy Vee both of whom are typically heavy hitters in my book. This is a great example of why it's risky to tackle a track this stature and that has the history this one does. If you are going to do anything less than blow the world away with your mix, it comes across as mediocure.

In this versions defense, it starts out strong and the vocal track is introduced exceptionally well but that is where the magic ends. None the less it is always fun to drop an update of song like this. For me it's like looking across the room and seeing an old friend.

No comments: