Friday, October 15, 2010

Austin City Limits Music Festival

ACL 2010


Since not all things in life revolve around house music and because I am a fan of most music in general, I thought I'd share some of my highlights from the 2010 ACL Festival in Austin, TX.

1. If you have not heard White Rabbits then you need too. I was completely unaware of the band and completely blown away when I stumbled upon their show at the AMD stage. Rock with a "MIKA" edge. In a word extraordinary!


2. Grace Potter & The Nocturnals were flat out fantastic. In between songs at Basia Bulat, I heard a female vocalist whaling away like Tina Turner. I looked up to my right and the jumbo tron at the AMD stage showed me women with long blonde locks and sequin dress thrashing about like a mad women. Of course I immediately kicked everyone off my blanket, announced I was clearly at the wrong show and proceeded to move to the AMD stage code red. This band and most notably this women absolutely threw down. It was an amazing show!


3. In Gospel/Blues tent I got the divine pleasure of being introduced to Beats Antique. Some where between India, Tennessee, and Sound Factory is where you'll find this unique bands sound. A dramatic contrast and combination of sounds that miraculously works. Sadly my camera batteries died this day and I have no photo to share with you.

4. Deadmau5 was everything you would expect him to be. It was a fun show that magically translated well to an outdoor "live" music festival. Some of my friends who are hard core anti-house music heads were even won over. By far this was the youngest audience I was in.

There were many other shows that were good or fantastic such as T Bird & The Breaks, Carolyn Wonderland, The Relatives, and of course Muse who seriously rocked. If you are looking for a break from the house beat, check out some of these great talents. Below is a picture of yours truly with a couple of my wing-women and a closing shot as I walked out of beautiful Zilker Park.


1 comment:

exModia Staff said...

Deadmau5 always puts on a good show.