Friday, August 28, 2009

That's Da Sound!

Hatchys - Nebula (Original Mix)

Dark and when I say Dark I mean Danny Tenaglia DARK. As in Global Underground's, Danny Tenaglia 004, disc 1, track 13, Anthony Rother - Red Light District DARK which was released a decade ago in 1999. Lets not forget Tenaglia is nothing less than groundbreaking and quite franky a musical genus. When I listen back to this G.U. release, I'm astounded by how cutting edge it was and how relevant it still is.

I'm straight up wet for the heavy bass synth of Nebula and the second I heard it I was instantly transported back to the first time I heard the Rother track. This is a DJ's DJ track and it gets 5 stars as far as I'm concerned. This shit is hot hot hot!



If you are so inclined, check out Anthony Rother - Red Light District here to understand the connection between the two tracks and consider yourself schooled. (ripped from the recording mentioned above)


Atlanta got schooled, congratz Atlanta!

No comments: